Further from Part 2…
Till now, we are acquainted with that, what is System Form Work and how to erect and Handle the same while working. This has been demonstrated by method and photo-graphical presentation. Now in this part, focus will be on the associated works like concrete placement and Stripping of System Form work.
Ensure site Coordinators are available during concreting progress and concrete pouring is distributed evenly throughout the wall section before commencing to cast the slab level areas.During concreting concerned worker will be stationed beneath the working deck to ensure the tightening of the pins and wedges. They will keep wall and column sections tight before commencing to cast the slab level areas.This is to prevent loading pressure on the form work panels due to uneven casting. Recheck the areas whenever cement slurry leakage is noted to determine the cause of it. Remedy work should be done to ensure the concreting process is not affected and to avoid any honeycombing in the structure. Concreting is done under proper supervision of site staff .Concreting is immediately stopped if it over spills and excess concrete is removed. Re- start concrete once excess cone removed from the site.Height of free fall of concrete should be per the provisions of lS 456. Minimum slump required is 160 mm. Rate of concrete placement should not be less than approx. 6 to 7 cum per hour. All vertical members should be cast one by one. Alter completion of vertical members. slab casting should be started. During concreting always ensure that immediate step is taken to remove / clean all the excess concrete that is stuck on the back of the form work panels. Non removal will result in the form work panels getting too heavy and also the scrapping task after the concrete has dried up becomes more tedious. Shear keys has to be be provided with help of wooden battens as per requirement.Stoppers and shear keys should be removed after casting
Form work panels shall be removed without damaging the concrete and tic bar shield. Bars or other tools shall not be used as a lever against the concrete in removing the form work panels.The appropriate time for the stripping of form work panels will vary according to the environment and the type of concrete used. The form work panels of the wall. column and beam section can be usually dismantled after 10-l 2 hours. The slab panels can be removed after 5 to 6 days and props remained fixed for support. However. this process shall subject to approval of the project structural engineer alter taking into consideration the grade of concrete
used and additional props stand ordered. etc. Always ensure that the wall section panels are removed ﬁrst followed by the column and beam sections. As a precautionary step. ensure that form work panels are removed systematically and due care is to be taken to prevent any damages to the form work
panels and also ﬁnish surface of the concrete whenever possible. Due to safety reason. ensure that no workers are facing the pin and wedges
when removing using hammer. Pin and wedges removed are to be collected
and placed in containers to minimize lost and replacement.The dismantled form work panels shall be transferred to the next level floor
for subsequent assembly process via the slab opening or staircase areas in
an orderly manner and to the appropriate sectional area immediately. This
will eliminate the confusion and congestion in the dismantling area or level
as a result of too many dismantled form work panels lying on the ﬂoor area. As the form work panels are pre-numbered and if colour identiﬁcation
scheme is implemented. the transfer of panels can be determined and
planned ahead according to the various sections I areas of one level floor to
the subsequent level floor. All the A1-Flat Ties use for the purpose of ensuring that the thickness of the walls and column are consistent, are to be removed by using special tools provided Subsequently. proceed to remove the recycle Tie Bar Shield which is embedded in the walls and column section by using the Tie Bar Extractor provided. After removal of form work curing is done by using hessian cloth on vertical sides of structure members for 14 days.Vendor claim repetition of more than 200 times for the system form work. Material is repairable also. If the panel distorted beyond then can be rejected.
Care will be taken that the workmen and staff will be present with adequate P.P.E.’s and necessary tools. Housekeeping will be attained at work spot to avoid accidents and time loss. Safety person and emergency vehicle will be present at the time of execution of this activity. Proper access For materials and equipment and men to work spot will be maintained. Sufficient illumination at work site will be arranged
tor work being continued till late hour
- Control measures should be taken to identify and minimize the hazards associated with work involving the assembly and dismantling of form work equipment such as falls from height. slips and trips. falling objects, noise. dust and manual tasks.
- It is preferable to lay the form works panels ﬂat on the ground instead of leaning them against structures or other forms such as proper supports, external working brackets, platforms or scaffolding. This will lead to the persons working on it exposed to additional hazards in relation to trips and slips or collapse of the proper supports. external working brackets & platforms or scaffolding.
- Minimize the working heights for persons performing the assembly and dismantling form work.
- Mixing of form work components should be avoided to prevent unsafe installation such as mixing pins and braces which may lead to collapse of the form work.
- Partially assembled or dismantled form work should be secured during break time or end of the day to prevent against overturning or collapsing due to strong wind or accidentally / unintentionally knock over by workers.
- Do not allow drop stripping of form work as it is an unsafe practice.
- Electrical safety should be implemented for the safe use of electrical equipment’s.
- Protruding ﬂat ties or projecting nails should be removed immediately with appropriate tools at dismantling stage.
This is all about How to use System Form Work in Building Project. Hope this will help engineers to use the system form work with correct method and to get a good and quality product delivered.
Best of Luck